7 Ways to reply thank you
Hello everyone, I’m happy to share an article with our new category Language Etiquette. This blog is all about reverting to people for their acknowledgment of appreciation.
It’s a sweet feeling when people lend you the gratitude after a nice gesture extended by you. But it were equally polite and appreciated when you revert them. Personally, many times I too got stuck in a situation where choosing an ultimate golden phrase seems a little tricky.
When people say- “Thank you.” It means you have truly done something for them. Something for which they need to express gratitude to you. I feel many a time, how to reply them back with a same polite way for their Thanksgiving.
So, I decided to write this post for people like me. Who needs a perfect response to an ideal situation?
Here I have taken some ordinary life situation. And for every case, what I felt like a more appropriate reply is listed -
The universal phrase that set with all situations.
1) You’re welcome / Pleasure is all mine– Opening the door for someone, wishing someone on an Event (like birthday, wedding, promotion party, etc.), helping Elders, giving water to thirsty people, helping people to park their vehicle and much more.
If he/she may say- Thank you. In that situation you can say- You’re welcome / Pleasure is all mine. This is the most beautiful way to express happiness with every situation on both ends.
Some other phrases that set with some particular situation, like
2) I’m happy to help- Someone needs help for which he/she was troubled for a long time. And you just came up with a brilliant advice or help. In that situation, for their “Thank You” you can reply them with– I’m happy to help.
3) Don’t mention it / My Pleasure- If you are someone who quickly blushed up after little admiration, then this one would definitely be your tool. For instance, some girls are very sweet and innocent. They don’t like too much appreciation. In such situation, when someone says- Thank you. You may reply them with- Don’t mention it / My Pleasure in a sweet way.
4) Anytime / No problem, anytime- Your car stuck at night and your friend is there to accompany you till you are out of this issue. In that situation, when he/she says “Thanks.” You can reply them with- Anytime / No problem, anytime.
5) No problem / Not a problem / No worries- Your neighbor asks you to look after their children for the next 3 hours, as they have some important work to do. You can say- No problem / Not a problem / No worries. By saying those words, you make them feel comfortable, and they easily left for their work plus you’ll get some time playing with kids. Bonus!
6) Anytime / Don’t mention it / It’s my job- If your boss appreciates you. For all the good work you have done for them and their Organization. You can say- Anytime / Don’t mention it / It’s my job, Sir/Ma’am.
7) It was nothing- We are all tech-crazy guys but usually we find ourselves in a situation where handling those gadgets gives us a headache. Yes, we need help for operating them or fixing those minor problems that we might encounter. For instance, your friend mobile/Laptop screen is not rotating, and you just help them out. So in this, for their “Thank You” your reply could be - It was nothing. Saying that makes your inner soul glowing automatically.
“Noble cause can be done in any way.”
For any query, comment us below.
Click imagination hunt to read latest blogs
Keep reading and sharing...